The golf world uses Twitter to share news and offer a glimpse into players’ lives and thoughts. Here are the best tweets from the past 24 hours.
You can nominate your favorites from the day as well by re-tweeting the best 140-character dispatches with the hashtag #GCTOTD.
First, let's check in with some players who tried to qualify for a trio of majors yesterday.
Alison Walshe made it to the U.S. Women's Open.
@Walsheyyy Excited to say I qualified for another US open! Cant wait to get to Kohler!
Bob Estes found his way into the British Open.
@BobEstesPGA Thanks everybody! This will be my 13th @The_Open(Championship). Very much looking forward to it but still upset about the years I missed!
Michael Putnam fell a bit shy of making the field at Royal Lytham and St. Annes.
@Michael__Putnam Well, shot 66-67 in a 36 hole qualifier for the British open and still didn't make it.... #theseguysaregood
John Peterson won his local qualifier in an attempt to get into the U.S. Open, then didn't get the site he wanted for the sectional.
Then there's Harris English, who went 60-63 to win the International qualifier for the British Open.
Needless to say, some fellow pros, like Rickie Fowler and Steve Wheatcroft, noticed.
Finally, a pair of players enjoyed a homecoming of sorts.
@ThePCreamer Grocery store time! So excited that means I am home for awhile!!! #littlethingsinlife
@JasonDufner Hey everyone I'm back up and running on Twitter. Thanks for your support the past 3 weeks. Been a blast!!
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots