2010 U.S. Amateur champion Peter Uihlein shot an even-par 72 in India on Friday to make the cut on the number in his professional debut.
Uihlein is 4 over par through two rounds at the Gujarat Kensville Challenge on the European Challenge Tour at Kensville G&CC. The Oklahoma State product trails Indians Rahil Gangjee and Shiv Kapur by 11 shots heading into the weekend.
“Mixed day on the links. Started poor again and then brought it back then finished poor. got 2 more rounds to try and make it up! #grindinghard,” Uihlein tweeted after his round.
At T-51, Uihlein improved 26 places over his Thursday position, but it was not easy. Starting on the 10th hole, Uihlein bogeyed two of his first three holes before closing his front nine with three birdies in four holes to get under par for the day.
For the second consecutive day, however, a big number plagued Uihlein’s scorecard. A double bogey at the par-4 fourth hole dropped him onto the cut line. The Challenge Tour cuts to the low 60 and ties.
Tags: Peter Uihlein
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path