It’s been an eventful week for Davis Love III, unfortunately most of the action has occurred off the golf course.
Love withdrew from this week’s Waste Management Phoenix Open on Friday with a “stiff neck,” an ongoing ailment that the veteran had looked at on the Saturday before the Waste Management and has also prompted him to withdraw from next week’s AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am.
On Saturday, Love was named the recipient of this year’s Bob Jones Award which is given annually by the U.S. Golf Association to “an individual who demonstrates the spirit, personal character and respect for the game exhibited by Jones.”
Love initially hoped to be playing on Saturday at TPC Scottsdale and planned to skip the award ceremony in San Diego. Instead he’s at home in Georgia getting treatment for his ailing neck and preparing for his next possible start in two weeks at the Northern Trust Open his manager told GolfChannel.com.
Tags: Davis Love
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Anchoring attorney: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms McIlroy's BMW PGA opener
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Instruction: Tips to strike your putts more solidly