Following the PGA Championship on August 12, Davis Love III will have eight players automatically qualify for his U.S. Ryder Cup team at Medinah. After the Wells Fargo Championship, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top 8 in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (4,798.40; 1)
2. Phil Mickelson (3,793.75; 2)
3. Hunter Mahan (3,347.10; 3)
4. Keegan Bradley (3,111.49; 4)
5. Jason Dufner (2,855.09; 5)
6. Steve Stricker (2,291.25; 6)
7. Rickie Fowler (2,238.46; NR)
8. Tiger Woods (2,173.67; 7)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables.
10. Bill Haas: Fell a spot again this week and has missed the cut in each of his last two events, which will lead to questions.
12. Johnson Wagner: Is slowing down after the hot start to the season, including a win at the Sony Open. He did cash this week (T-65), but barely ended a streak of two missed cuts.
15. Kevin Na: Did himself few favors this week with a pair of rounds over par at Charlotte. Fortunately for him, the players between he and the top eight are struggling as well.
16. Webb Simpson: Moved up another seven spots last week. Finishing fourth at Quail Hollow, Simpson took home his best check since finishing T-3 to start the year at Kapalua.
19. Ben Curtis: Three weeks ago, he was not on the radar. Now with a win and a T-5 in Charlotte, Curtis is a serious contender.