Van Pelt fires 59 in Waste Management Open pro-am
- By Jason Sobel
- Jan 31, 2013 11:54 AM ET
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Wednesday was one of those good news-bad news kind of days for Bo Van Pelt.
The good news: He posted a TPC-Scottsdale course-record 12-under 59.
The bad news: It was only in the pro-am for the Waste Management Phoenix Open.
“Had some fun today,” Van Pelt tweeted after the round, in which he helped his pro-am team to a victory.
Only five players have posted a 59 in a competitive PGA Tour round, most recently Stuart Appleby in the final round of the 2008 Greenbrier Classic.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play