Stacy Lewis’ birdie-birdie finish helped lift her to victory Sunday at the Women’s British Open. Here are facts and figures from her two-stroke victory at St. Andrews:
• This is her eighth career victory, including her third this season (HSBC Women’s Champions, RR Donnelley LPGA Founders Cup)
• The $402,583 first-place check pushed Lewis past Hall of Famer Nancy Lopez to move into 40th on the LPGA career money list, with $5,412,824
• Lewis stayed at No. 2 in the Rolex Rankings, behind Inbee Park
• Lewis snapped a streak of 10 consecutive majors won by Asian-born players. She was the last American to win a major since her maiden major title, at the 2011 Kraft.
• She is the first American to win the Women’s British Open since Sherri Steinhauer in 2006.
• Lewis’ 2013 season: 17 starts, 12 top 10s, three victories, more than $1.3 million in earnings. In capturing Player of the Year honors a year ago, she had four victories and three runners-up.