Wagner up 92 spots, cracks top 100 in OWGR
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Jan 16, 2012 12:02 AM ET
With his win at the Sony Open in Hawaii, Johnson Wagner moved inside the top 100 in the Official World Golf Ranking. The mustachioed maestro of Waialae improved to 92nd in the world – an increase of 107 places. This time last year, Wagner was 390th and playing with conditional status on the PGA Tour.
Runner-up Charles Howell III moved up 11 spots to No. 61, currently inside the cut line to qualify for the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship. Fellow runners-up Sean O’Hair and Carl Pettersson moved up a dozen and 29 places, respectively. O’Hair is now No. 66, while Pettersson is No. 81.
Tiger Woods remains at No. 25. He’ll make his 2012 debut next week in Abu Dhabi.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGAA | LPGA | USGA
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Guan WDs from Open qualifying | Playing Memorial
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth