"Of the 36 houses in Nunez, Ga., I'm not sure how many have the Golf Channel," Adams told me prior to his final round. "But I know some of them do because they always let me know they were watching."
Nunez has 131 residents, according to the most recent census and, "A couple of churches, a post office, and a gas station that I don't think even sells gas," Adams said. So where will the residents go to get celebratory supplies? "We have a Super Wal-Mart about 12 miles away. It gets pretty busy sometimes," Adams said with a country smile. "The best part about living there is that it feels like we're a million miles from everything."
Foltz has been with Golf Channel since 1999 and is an on-course reporter for PGA Tour coverage.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth