Walter “Yippy” Rankin, husband to LPGA Hall of Fame member and Golf Channel broadcaster Judy Rankin, passed away on Friday following an extended illness.
The two met at a pro-am when Judy Rankin was 20 years old. The couple married three weeks later in Juarez, Mexico in June 1967.
They would have tied the knot in El Paso, Texas, but Judy Rankin said in a 2004 Golf Digest piece, "[W]e would have had to wait three days for the blood test to come back."
They were married for 45 years.
A funeral service will be held in their hometown of Midland, Texas on Monday.
Tags: Judy Rankin
- Garcia sorry, apologizes to Woods | Scores
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Sergio sponsor TMaG: Comment 'offensive'
- Z. Johnson back at Colonial | Groupings | Tee times
- Colonial reax: Garcia remark | Singh, anchor
- Fantasy: BMW PGA, Crowne Plaza power rankings
- Lewis in rainy Bahamas | Under water | Tee times
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Chapman set to defend at Senior PGA | Tee times
- Fowler plans to donate $100K to tornado relief
- McIlroy denies G-Mac rift, mum on management