Walton Heath to host 2014 Palmer Cup
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 6, 2013 11:59 AM ET
Walton Heath Golf Club in Surrey, England, will host the 2014 Palmer Cup, the Golf Coaches Association of America announced Wednesday.
The Palmer Cup – the annual Ryder Cup-style event that pits the best college players from the U.S. and Europe – will be held this year at Wilmington Country Club.
The U.S. leads the Palmer Cup series, 8-7-1.
“Walton Heath Golf Club continues the Palmer Cup tradition of competition on the finest golf courses in the world,” said tournament chairman Jim Awtrey in a statement.
Tags: Palmer Cup
The top-ranked teams in the country will be well-represented at this year's Palmer Cup, to be played in June. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play