Walton Heath to host 2014 Palmer Cup
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 6, 2013 11:59 AM ET
Walton Heath Golf Club in Surrey, England, will host the 2014 Palmer Cup, the Golf Coaches Association of America announced Wednesday.
The Palmer Cup – the annual Ryder Cup-style event that pits the best college players from the U.S. and Europe – will be held this year at Wilmington Country Club.
The U.S. leads the Palmer Cup series, 8-7-1.
“Walton Heath Golf Club continues the Palmer Cup tradition of competition on the finest golf courses in the world,” said tournament chairman Jim Awtrey in a statement.
Tags: Palmer Cup
The top-ranked teams in the country will be well-represented at this year's Palmer Cup, to be played in June. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots