Walton Heath to host 2014 Palmer Cup
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Feb 6, 2013 11:59 AM ET
Walton Heath Golf Club in Surrey, England, will host the 2014 Palmer Cup, the Golf Coaches Association of America announced Wednesday.
The Palmer Cup – the annual Ryder Cup-style event that pits the best college players from the U.S. and Europe – will be held this year at Wilmington Country Club.
The U.S. leads the Palmer Cup series, 8-7-1.
“Walton Heath Golf Club continues the Palmer Cup tradition of competition on the finest golf courses in the world,” said tournament chairman Jim Awtrey in a statement.
Tags: Palmer Cup
Staked to a big lead heading into singles, the U.S. turned in a dominating performance at the Palmer Cup, winning 20.5-9.5. Read More
The top-ranked teams in the country will be well-represented at this year's Palmer Cup, to be played in June. Read More
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Six flak: Lefty's Open runners-up | Posnanski
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- WWL: Nice guy finishes first | OWGR No. 3
- Grill Room: Jungle Bird banned, misses U.S. Open
- Merion in 2021? | Tricky, appreciated | Dramatic
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of Week
- Rose wins for late dad | Hogan would've been proud
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Instruction: Play smart and patient like Rose