CARMEL, Ind. – Because of the threat of inclement weather, second-round tee times for the BMW Championship have been moved up three hours.
The first groups will tee off at 8 a.m. ET and the last will go at 10:01 a.m. ET. Players will continue to go off the first and 10th tees in threesomes. Many weather reports call for a 60 percent chance of thunderstorms by 4 p.m. ET Friday.
The marquee pairing of Tiger Woods,Rory McIlroy and Nick Watney will go off the first tee at 9:39 a.m. ET.
Coverage will air on Golf Channel from 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. ET. The original broadcast window was set for 3-6 p.m. ET. That window will now show a replay of the second round.Weather has plagued this event. Over the weekend, rain drenched the course. The Wednesday pro-am was delayed more than an hour and Thursday’s first round is being played under lift, clean and place conditions.
“Safety is our top priority, so we are taking proactive steps to ensure that our fans will have the opportunity to watch the Tour’s top golfers and get home safely,” said Vince Pellegrino, Western Golf Association vice president of tournaments. “We apologize to our fans for any inconvenience this will cause.”
The final round of the BMW Championship will go off in twosomes for the first time this week. And the final few groups are names that will get your attention. Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd at Colonial for using putting aid
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots