Officials delay Day 3 tee times to avoid weather
- By Jay Coffin
- Sep 7, 2012 3:35 PM ET
CARMEL, Ind. – Severe weather is expected to move through the Indianapolis area into Saturday morning, so PGA Tour officials, who will need more time to prep Crooked Stick before the start of Round 3, have moved the tee times back.
Players will tee off in threesomes from both the first and 10th tees from 11 a.m. ET to 1:01 p.m. ET
The change kept Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy from playing together for the third consecutive day. Originally Woods and McIlroy would’ve been in the penultimate pairing behind tournament leader Vijay Singh and Ryan Moore, who is tied for second place with Woods and McIlroy. Instead Singh, Moore and McIlroy will be in the final grouping at 1:01 p.m. and Woods will play with Lee Westwood and Bo Van Pelt at 12:50 p.m.
The original plan for the third round called for twosomes to all go off the first tee.
The final round of the BMW Championship will go off in twosomes for the first time this week. And the final few groups are names that will get your attention. Read More
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots