Officials delay Day 3 tee times to avoid weather
- By Jay Coffin
- Sep 7, 2012 3:35 PM ET
CARMEL, Ind. – Severe weather is expected to move through the Indianapolis area into Saturday morning, so PGA Tour officials, who will need more time to prep Crooked Stick before the start of Round 3, have moved the tee times back.
Players will tee off in threesomes from both the first and 10th tees from 11 a.m. ET to 1:01 p.m. ET
The change kept Tiger Woods and Rory McIlroy from playing together for the third consecutive day. Originally Woods and McIlroy would’ve been in the penultimate pairing behind tournament leader Vijay Singh and Ryan Moore, who is tied for second place with Woods and McIlroy. Instead Singh, Moore and McIlroy will be in the final grouping at 1:01 p.m. and Woods will play with Lee Westwood and Bo Van Pelt at 12:50 p.m.
The original plan for the third round called for twosomes to all go off the first tee.
The final round of the BMW Championship will go off in twosomes for the first time this week. And the final few groups are names that will get your attention. Read More
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path