The Web.com Tour released its 2013 schedule on Wednesday, which will feature a record-low 25 events, a new tournament in Brazil and the debut of a four-event Tour Finals to conclude the season.
The 2013 season will be the first with the Tour’s new dramatically reconfigured qualifying structure that will result in all 50 PGA Tour cards coming through the Web.com Tour.
The Cox Classic, scheduled for Aug. 22-25, will close out the 21-event regular season and determine the 25 players who will earn PGA Tour cards for the following season via “The 25.”
After that, the top 75 Web.com Tour players and those who finish Nos. 126-200 on the FedEx Cup points list will compete in a four-event series in September that will determine the other 25 Tour cards.
A new event, the Brazil Champions, will be played in Sao Paulo on April 4-7. Not on the schedule in 2013: the Miccosukee Championship and Soboba Classic.
Tags: Web.com Tour
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots