Westwood's caddie has surgery, may miss U.S. Open
- By Rex Hoggard
- May 8, 2012 6:17 PM ET
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Fla. – Lee Westwood begins his second week with fill-in caddie Cayce Kerr on the bag; it’s a stint that may stretch deep into golf’s major championship season.
According to Westwood’s management team at International Sports Management his regular looper, Billy Foster (pictured above), had surgery on his right knee on Tuesday. Foster injured his anterior cruciate ligament in a soccer match last week in Charlotte, N.C., and flew home to England for surgery.
Westwood’s manager, Chubby Chandler, said Foster will be out at least four weeks and perhaps longer, which would likely keep him off the bag for next month’s U.S. Open.
Kerr has been working for Fred Couples, who withdrew from this week’s Players Championship with the flu.
Tags: Lee Westwood
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Karlsson puts yips behind, qualifies for British Open
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae