MARANA, Ariz. – Play is expected to get under way at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship on Friday at 11:30 a.m. ET without any delays, but based on Saturday’s forecast officials may be pressed to begin the third round on time Saturday.
The first round is scheduled to be completed on Friday at Dove Mountain followed by Round 2 and officials are hoping to play catch-up over the weekend following Wednesday’s white out that was caused by nearly 4 inches of snow.
To get two rounds in on Saturday, however, officials plan to begin the third round at 7:10 a.m. and the Tour’s meteorologist Stewart Williams said there is a chance of a frost delay.
“Unlike this morning there will be no cloud cover (on Saturday) which will bring down the temperatures a little bit,” Williams said.
Had play on Friday been scheduled to start at 7:10 a.m. Williams said there likely would have been a delay.
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Statements: PGA Tour, PGA of America | USGA
- Manufacturer on anchor ban: 'Golf lost today'
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- Euro captain McGinley adds third Ryder Cup pick
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae