MARANA, Ariz. – Play is expected to get under way at the WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship on Friday at 11:30 a.m. ET without any delays, but based on Saturday’s forecast officials may be pressed to begin the third round on time Saturday.
The first round is scheduled to be completed on Friday at Dove Mountain followed by Round 2 and officials are hoping to play catch-up over the weekend following Wednesday’s white out that was caused by nearly 4 inches of snow.
To get two rounds in on Saturday, however, officials plan to begin the third round at 7:10 a.m. and the Tour’s meteorologist Stewart Williams said there is a chance of a frost delay.
“Unlike this morning there will be no cloud cover (on Saturday) which will bring down the temperatures a little bit,” Williams said.
Had play on Friday been scheduled to start at 7:10 a.m. Williams said there likely would have been a delay.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process