Michelle Wie bid adieu to college life on Sunday as Stanford University held its commencement ceremony at the school's football stadium in Palo Alto, Calif.
Wie and her fellow grads took part in a school tradition called the Wacky Walk, where the students bolt into the stadium en masse with signs, costumes and dancing to celebrate the day.
Cory Booker, mayor of Newark, N.J., and Stanford alumnus, delivered the commencement speech.
Wie matriculated in September 2007, amid some skepticism she would ever graduate. She did, in four-and-a-half years, earning a degree in communications. Wie completed her coursework in March.
Now out of school, Wie will play in next week's Manulife Financial LPGA Classic in Waterloo, Onatrio, Canada.
Tags: Michelle Wie
- LIVE STREAM: Watch LPGA come down to finish
- LPGA SCORING: Korda in Mobile mix late in Round 4
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae captures Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play