Michelle Wie bid adieu to college life on Sunday as Stanford University held its commencement ceremony at the school's football stadium in Palo Alto, Calif.
Wie and her fellow grads took part in a school tradition called the Wacky Walk, where the students bolt into the stadium en masse with signs, costumes and dancing to celebrate the day.
Cory Booker, mayor of Newark, N.J., and Stanford alumnus, delivered the commencement speech.
Wie matriculated in September 2007, amid some skepticism she would ever graduate. She did, in four-and-a-half years, earning a degree in communications. Wie completed her coursework in March.
Now out of school, Wie will play in next week's Manulife Financial LPGA Classic in Waterloo, Onatrio, Canada.
Tags: Michelle Wie
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer fires 62, grabs early Colonial lead | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots