Wie playing with current teen phenoms in Hawaii
- By Randall Mell
- Apr 17, 2012 11:16 AM ET
Who put together the first- and second-round groupings for the LPGA’s Lotte Championship in Hawaii?
In a threesome featuring players who know what it’s like to be teen phenoms, Michelle Wie, 22, will go off with Jessica Korda, 19, and Lexi Thompson, 17. They tee it up at 2:55 p.m. ET in Wednesday's first round (This week's event is a Wednesday-Saturday schedule).
At the last LPGA event, the Kraft Nabisco Championship, Lewis offered this observation about Wie’s putting woes: “She needs to putt like a kid and get up there and hit it and if it goes in, it goes in.”
Wie will be playing with the kids in the first two rounds this week. In another notable pairing, Rolex world No. 1 Yani Tseng will go off Wednesday with No. 3 Suzann Pettersen and No. 4 Cristie Kerr at 5:30 p.m. ET. Lewis goes off with Paula Creamer and I.K. Kim, who missed a 12-inch putt to win the Kraft Nabisco Championship, at 3:05 p.m. ET.
Chella Choi shot her second straight 6-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead over Jessica Korda and Anna Nordqvist, the Swede who broke the course record with an 11-under 61 in the third roun... Read More
- LIVE STREAM: Watch LPGA come down to finish
- LPGA SCORING: Korda in Mobile mix late in Round 4
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae captures Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play