Wilson, Van Pelt elected PAC co-chairmen for 2013
- By Will Gray
- Feb 20, 2013 2:02 PM ET
Consisting of 16 members, the PAC advises and consults with the Tour's Policy Board, along with commissioner Tim Finchem, on issues affecting the Tour.
A five-time winner on Tour, Wilson last won at the 2012 Humana Challenge while Van Pelt has one title to his credit, the 2009 U.S. Bank Championship. They will now also serve three-year terms as Player Directors on the Tour's Policy Board, succeeding Steve Stricker and Paul Goydos. Their terms will each run from 2014-2016, and they will join current Policy Board members Jim Furyk (2012-2014) and Harrison Frazar (2013-2015).
The Policy Board made headlines this week as it held a conference call Monday with Finchem to discuss the Tour's stance on a proposed ban on anchored putting strokes, with a formal response expected within the next few days.
Earlier this year, the Tour announced the 16 members of this year's PAC, which includes Wilson, Van Pelt, Aaron Baddeley, Jason Bohn, Andres Gonzales, Jeff Gove, Charley Hoffman, Doug LaBelle II, Scott Langley, Davis Love III, Joe Ogilvie, Geoff Ogilvy, Ryan Palmer, Webb Simpson, Brendan Steele and Kevin Streelman.
Robert Dinwiddie shot a 5-under 66 on Friday to share the lead with Tjaart van der Walt of South Africa after the second round of the European Tour’s Najeti Hotels Open. Read More
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path