Wilson, Van Pelt elected PAC co-chairmen for 2013
- By Will Gray
- Feb 20, 2013 2:02 PM ET
Consisting of 16 members, the PAC advises and consults with the Tour's Policy Board, along with commissioner Tim Finchem, on issues affecting the Tour.
A five-time winner on Tour, Wilson last won at the 2012 Humana Challenge while Van Pelt has one title to his credit, the 2009 U.S. Bank Championship. They will now also serve three-year terms as Player Directors on the Tour's Policy Board, succeeding Steve Stricker and Paul Goydos. Their terms will each run from 2014-2016, and they will join current Policy Board members Jim Furyk (2012-2014) and Harrison Frazar (2013-2015).
The Policy Board made headlines this week as it held a conference call Monday with Finchem to discuss the Tour's stance on a proposed ban on anchored putting strokes, with a formal response expected within the next few days.
Earlier this year, the Tour announced the 16 members of this year's PAC, which includes Wilson, Van Pelt, Aaron Baddeley, Jason Bohn, Andres Gonzales, Jeff Gove, Charley Hoffman, Doug LaBelle II, Scott Langley, Davis Love III, Joe Ogilvie, Geoff Ogilvy, Ryan Palmer, Webb Simpson, Brendan Steele and Kevin Streelman.
Golf Channel's coverage of the 2013 Web.com Tour season gets underway Thursday with live, four-round coverage of the BMW Charity Pro-Am Read More
- USGA, R&A announce ban on anchored stroke
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Tiger: Clear air? 'No' | Sergio: 'Not afraid'
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Lefty to play Memphis for 1st time since '09
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae