Wind whipping field at LPGA Q-School finals
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Dec 2, 2011 11:40 AM ET
Windy conditions at LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Fla., have left just 10 of 139 players under par through the first two of five rounds.
A pair of Thursday standouts fell dramatically in the second round. Ginger Howard, 17, opened strong with 70, but could not do well in the windy conditions on Friday. Her second-round 79 dropped her to 5 over and into a tie for 47th. Thidapa Suwannapura shot 80 after beginning with 68.
Mallory Blackwelder, a finalist on this season of “Big Break: Ireland,” is also T-47.
Only 16 players broke par (72) on Thursday, while 21 players shot 80 or worse.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer fires 62, grabs early Colonial lead | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots