Wind whipping field at LPGA Q-School finals
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Dec 2, 2011 11:40 AM ET
Windy conditions at LPGA International in Daytona Beach, Fla., have left just 10 of 139 players under par through the first two of five rounds.
A pair of Thursday standouts fell dramatically in the second round. Ginger Howard, 17, opened strong with 70, but could not do well in the windy conditions on Friday. Her second-round 79 dropped her to 5 over and into a tie for 47th. Thidapa Suwannapura shot 80 after beginning with 68.
Mallory Blackwelder, a finalist on this season of “Big Break: Ireland,” is also T-47.
Only 16 players broke par (72) on Thursday, while 21 players shot 80 or worse.
Chella Choi shot her second straight 6-under 66 on Saturday to take a one-stroke lead over Jessica Korda and Anna Nordqvist, the Swede who broke the course record with an 11-under 61 in the third roun... Read More
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- G-Mac bests Colsaerts in Volvo quarters | Results
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process