SUGAR GROVE, Ill. – American Solheim Cup rookie Brittany Lang was so intensely focused she didn’t realize she and Brittany Lincicome could close out their morning fourballs match when they reached the 14th tee.
“I had absolutely no idea that we needed to half that hole [to win],” Lang said. “I was so out to lunch. I mean, I had no clue.”
The Americans did half the hole to defeat Laura Davies and Becky Brewerton, 5 and 4.
“When they got done and they started shaking hands, I was like, 'Oh, my gosh, that's it?’ Honestly, I had no idea,” Lang said. “Brittany [Lincicome] knew, though. She's an experienced veteran.”
- Kuchar holds Crowne lead | At a glance | Scores
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Putter aid gets Overton DQ'd | Clark in mix
- You Oughta Know: Kuchar seeks personal best
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Perry takes Senior PGA lead into Day 4 | Scores
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Moreno leads by one in Bahamas LPGA | Scores
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots