Woods, Clarke set for 1:40 p.m. tee time
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Aug 2, 2011 2:56 PM ET
Tiger Woods and Darren Clarke are slated to tee off during the first round of the WGC-Bridgestone Invitational at 1:40 p.m. ET Thursday. They will begin play on the first hole at Firestone Country Club.
In other marquee pairings, world No. 1 Luke Donald will go out with Masters champion Charl Schwartzel at 9:20 a.m. They will tee off on No. 10, with Graeme McDowell and Lee Westwood right behind them.
Rory McIlroy and defending champion Hunter Mahan are at 9:50 a.m., with Phil Mickelson and Jason Day at 10 a.m. Both twosomes begin play on the back nine.
In a pairing of potential stars, Rickie Fowler will play alongside Matteo Manassero. They will go off No. 1 at 1:10 p.m.
Adam Scott, who is using Woods’ previous caddie Steve Williams, is two groups behind Woods at 2 p.m.
Click here for full first-round tee times.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots