Woods, Kaymer, Bradley highlight 94th PGA groupings
- By Jason Sobel
- Aug 3, 2012 5:15 PM ET
Still in pursuit of his 15th career major championship title, Tiger Woods will begin his next attempt alongside a pair of fellow PGA Championship winners.
Woods will tee off the 10th hole at the Ocean Course at Kiawah Island on Thursday at 8:30 a.m. ET with 2010 champion Martin Kaymer and last year’s winner Keegan Bradley.
“There's so much room out there, but as soon as the wind starts blowing 20, 30 miles an hour, there's not much room,” said Woods, who practiced there on Monday. “There's so many collection areas and where you have to miss the golf ball to give yourself the correct angle. … I need some more practice rounds on it for sure, but I did most of our charting and still would like to see it under different wind conditions because we only played one wind [Monday].
The opening two rounds also feature the annual group of the year’s first three major winners, a trio that this time includes Bubba Watson, Webb Simpson and Ernie Els.
In addition to the Woods-Kaymer-Bradley group, there are three other sets of past PGA winners competing together. They are: Phil Mickelson, Padraig Harrington and Davis Love III; John Daly, David Toms and Shaun Micheel; and Vijay Singh, Y.E. Yang and Rich Beem.
World No. 1 Luke Donald will play alongside Brandt Snedeker and Zach Johnson, while No. 3 Rory McIlroy is with Dustin Johnson and Jim Furyk.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path