Woods making a career out of wins at Torrey Pines
- By Jason Sobel
- Jan 28, 2013 7:21 PM ET
The numbers are already the stuff of legend. In 14 career starts at Torrey Pines – that’s 13 appearances in the Farmers Insurance Open, plus the 2008 U.S. Open – Tiger Woods has won eight times.
But those aren’t the only jaw-dropping statistics when it comes to Woods’ dominance on the coastal course.
All told, he has earned $8,195,096 at Torrey Pines, including $1,080,000 for his victory on Monday. That number alone would place him 160th on the PGA Tour’s all-time money list – ironically, just above Y.E. Yang, who bested him at the 2009 PGA Championship.
For his career, Woods has now totaled $102,048,700, almost $35 million more than the closest pursuer. His earnings at Torrey Pines account for 8.03 percent of that overall total.
- Garcia makes racist remark regarding Woods
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Crowne Plaza
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Uihlein's amazing journey | Tour on fans calling in
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Pettersson asks for 'a few days' | Pavin's take
- Manufacturer: 'Golf lost today' | Time to adapt
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth