Woods making a career out of wins at Torrey Pines
- By Jason Sobel
- Jan 28, 2013 7:21 PM ET
The numbers are already the stuff of legend. In 14 career starts at Torrey Pines – that’s 13 appearances in the Farmers Insurance Open, plus the 2008 U.S. Open – Tiger Woods has won eight times.
But those aren’t the only jaw-dropping statistics when it comes to Woods’ dominance on the coastal course.
All told, he has earned $8,195,096 at Torrey Pines, including $1,080,000 for his victory on Monday. That number alone would place him 160th on the PGA Tour’s all-time money list – ironically, just above Y.E. Yang, who bested him at the 2009 PGA Championship.
For his career, Woods has now totaled $102,048,700, almost $35 million more than the closest pursuer. His earnings at Torrey Pines account for 8.03 percent of that overall total.
- Kuchar leads as rain halts play at Colonial | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- DNA anomaly source of rib injuries for Snedeker
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Cochran, Perry co-lead Sr. PGA after Day 2 | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots