The names inside the top eight in the U.S. Ryder Cup standings remained the same, but Tiger Woods made a significant move. (Click for European Ryder Cup standings)
Thanks to his victory at the AT&T National, Woods jumped four spots to third in the standings. Following the PGA Championship on Aug. 12, eight players will automatically qualify for the U.S team, captained by Davis Love III. After the AT&T National, here are the top eight in the standings (with points earned and last week's position in the top eight in parentheses):
1. Bubba Watson (5,326; 1)
2. Jason Dufner (5,289; 2)
3. Tiger Woods (4,669; 7)
4. Webb Simpson (4,458; 3)
5. Phil Mickelson (4,107; 4)
6. Matt Kuchar (4,043; 5)
7. Hunter Mahan (3,864; 6)
8. Zach Johnson (3,326; 7)
Love also has four wild-card selections he will make in September. Here are some current notables:
9. Keegan Bradley: Missed the cut in the Irish Open, in his first European Tour start. Fortunately, the Ryder Cup is contested in American this year.
10. Rickie Fowler: Didn't play this past week. Hasn't been much of a factor since three consecutive top-five finishes in May.
11. Bo Van Pelt: Jumped 10 spots with his runner-up showing at the AT&T National.
14. Steve Stricker: Continues to slip, dropping another two spots this week.