Scott or not, Woods welcomes all opponents
- By Ryan Ballengee
- Nov 15, 2011 11:26 AM ET
“Whatever the pairings happens, happens,” Woods said. “Whoever you’re paired up against you’ve got to go and earn your point for your country.”
If it happens, Woods would be in the same group as former caddie Steve Williams, who now works for Scott. At the WGC-HSBC Champions two weeks ago, Williams used a racial epithet to describe his former boss at a party for caddies and players.
Woods and the Kiwi discussed the problem at last week’s Australian Open, which seems sufficient for Couples.
“I think Tiger and Adam are still very good friends, I don’t think there’s a problem – I think Stevie and Tiger patched it up, I honestly think he’ll have a good time,” Couples said.
Said Norman, “You have to remember, all of us have been great friends – I shouldn’t say all of us, because a lot of us have not played against each other. But most of the players on the respective teams, we are good friends.”
Watch wall-to-wall coverage of the Presidents Cup live on Golf Channel beginning Monday at 6PM. Tournament air times: Golf Channel Wednesday 9PM-2AM, Thursday 7:30PM-2AM, Friday 3PM-2AM and Saturday 6:30PM-12:30AM. NBC coverage Saturday at 8AM and Sunday at noon. (Note: all times are ET)
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots