Tiger Woods said he was “doubtful” for the Memorial next week, but there’s no doubt in his plans anymore.
Woods, recovering from left knee and Achilles injuries, did not commit by Friday’s deadline and won’t play the event.
Notably, Rory Sabbatini was previously committed to play the Memorial but wasn't listed among the commitments released Friday. Sabbatini has been the focus of media reports speculating he faced a possible suspension after a confrontation with a volunteer at the Northern Trust Open and another with Sean O’Hair at the Zurich Classic. After missing the cut at the HP Byron Nelson Championship Friday, Sabbatini told reporters he withdrew from the Memorial because of fatigue and that he only planned to play the Memorial if he needed to crack the top 50 in the world to qualify for the U.S.Open. He is qualified.