Tiger, Stricks 1 down at turn despite spotty play
- By Ryan Lavner
- Sep 28, 2012 11:29 AM ET
MEDINAH, Ill. – Tiger Woods snap-hooked his opening tee ball near a fence, plunked a local fan with a wayward shot and missed a few short putts.
The American team fell 2 down after the sixthhole, but rallied by birdieing the par-5 seventh and halving No. 8 with bogey.
Woods is 13-14-2 lifetime in the Ryder Cup, and he’s playing his first home Ryder Cup since 2004.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots