Woods talks about his round with President Obama
- By Rex Hoggard
- Feb 19, 2013 4:20 PM ET
MARANA, Ariz. – All one needed to know about Tiger Woods’ round with President Barack Obama on Sunday at The Floridian in Palm City, Fla., was delivered with a sly smile on Tuesday at Dove Mountain.
“We won,” Woods said of his partnership with the commander in chief.
Woods said he partnered with the president against U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk and Floridian owner Jim Crane, and according to Golf Channel insider Tim Rosaforte, the champions collected a $15 three-way Nassau bet.
Woods, who met Obama during an event during the 2009 inauguration, praised the president’s game and said “after the next four years” he’ll have time to work on his game. The highest compliment, however, came when Woods, who is playing this week’s WGC-Accenture Match Play Championship, was asked about the president’s pace of play.
“He’s quick,” Woods said.
Woods was also asked how the round was arranged. “He called and said, ‘Hey Tiger, want to play a round of golf?’” Woods smiled. “No, it was much more involved than that. It was an invitation you don’t turn down.”
The president was originally going to play Woods’ home course, The Medalist in nearby Hobe Sound, Fla., but the round was relocated to The Floridian, where Obama spent his weekend working with Butch and his son, Claude, Harmon on his golf swing.
Tags: Tiger Woods
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson edges Korda, Phatlum in Mobile | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Cancer can't keep Auburn women out of NCAAs
- Uihlein gets first win at Madeira Islands | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play