Tiger Woods Design has announced plans for “El Cardonal,” an 18-hole championship golf course in Cabo San Lucas designed by Woods on which construction began last month.
Part of the Diamante Cabo San Lucas community, the 7,300-yard course is expected to be completed in 18 months.
“I set up the golf strategy to make golfers think and make choices,” Woods said. “Regardless of your handicap, there are going to be different ways to play every hole. Angles of approach are going to be very important and will dictate the type of shots you should consider. I love this kind of golf.”
This is the fourth contracted design for Tiger Woods Design since the firm’s inception in 2006. The other three – Punta Brava in Ensenada, Mexico; The Cliffs at High Carolina in Asheville, N.C.; and Al Ruwaya, located in Dubai – were either never finished or never opened to the public.
As part of a resort, “El Cardonal” will join Diamante Dunes, which opened in 2009.
“While the Dunes course is reminiscent of a classic Scottish links course, this course is going to remind people of the old-style California courses,” Woods added. “We will use the existing arroyos that traverse the site and well-placed bunkers to create definite strategic choices and carries off the tees.”
Tags: Tiger Woods
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- SCORING: McDowell, Jaidee in Match Play final
- Bradley leads by 1 | At a glance | Scores
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Singh among Byron Nelson MDF casualties
- Chella Choi leads; Nordqvist fires 61 | Scores
- You Oughta Know: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- Colsaerts' drive results in bathroom drop | Video
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- Howell hoping for U.S. Open berth via OWGR
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process