“I think Tiger is going the wrong way,” Watson said from Quail Hollow. “I think he's so mental right now with his swing. Just go out there and play golf.”
So Watson was asked Tuesday here at The Players Championship if he has talked to Woods, who is well known for having a good memory when it comes to people who say negative things about him or his game.“I haven’t talked to him yet so I just talked to his agent,” Watson said Tuesday at TPC Sawgrass. “I talked to another person in his camp last week and told them that I didn’t say anything wrong. I just said my opinion.
“The camp says I’m OK, but I haven’t talked to the boss yet.”
The “boss” seemed less than thrilled with the original comments.
“That was interesting,” Woods said. “We’ll talk.”
Fresh off his U.S. Open win, Justin Rose will play the first two rounds at TPC River Highlands alongside a pair of fellow major champions. Read More
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose: Letterman Top 10 | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Rose highlights major champ group | Tee times
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Notes: Rose considers coach Foley a true friend
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path