Woods' World Challenge features 13 Ryder Cuppers
- By Ryan Lavner
- Oct 17, 2012 12:41 PM ET
Thirteen players from this year’s Ryder Cup – only Phil Mickelson is missing from the U.S. squad – are in the field for the 18-player World Challenge on Nov. 29-Dec. 2 at Sherwood Country Club in Thousand Oaks, Calif. Woods announced Wednesday that Northern Mutual has signed on as the new presenting sponsor of the tournament.
The field for the 14th annual event: Woods, Keegan Bradley, Jason Dufner, Jim Furyk, Dustin Johnson, Zach Johnson, Matt Kuchar, Webb Simpson, Brandt Snedeker, Steve Stricker, Bubba Watson, Ian Poulter, Graeme McDowell, Jason Day, Rickie Fowler, Hunter Mahan, Bo Van Pelt and Nick Watney.
The winner of the 72-hole, no-cut event receives $1 million, and proceeds go to the Tiger Woods Foundation.
“We are extremely excited about the depth and talent of our field, and are looking forward to another exciting tournament,” Woods said in a statement.
Tags: Tiger Woods
In a recent episode of "Feherty," Rocco Mediate detailed a request he made of Tiger Woods for an autograph that went largely unfulfilled. Read More
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Bradley keeps Nelson lead | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay LPGA through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Poulter out at Volvo | 'Disgusted' with play | Results
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Donald receives MBE from Queen of England
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process