Here are some things You Oughta Know about Sunday's final round of the Frys.com Open . . .
• That John Mallinger can win his first PGA Tour title at a familiar venue. Following a third-round 70 to move two strokes clear of the field Mallinger has now been at or under par for 10 of his 12 rounds at CordeValle.
• That Jonas Blixt (66) enters the final round for the second consecutive week with a chance at his first Tour title. Last week in Las Vegas Blixt held a share of the 54-hole lead before fading with a closing 70 to finish alone in third place. Blixt is currently alone in second place at 13 under par, two strokes back.
• That either Blixt or Jason Kokrak, who is tied for third place at 11 under, can become the third rookie to win on Tour in 2012, joining John Huh (Mayakoba Golf Classic) and Ted Potter Jr. (Greenbrier Classic).
• That Vijay Singh, 49, blazed his way into contention with a scorching finish. Following birdies at Nos. 15 and 16, Singh hit his tee shot at the 290-yard, par-4 17th to 5 feet and converted the eagle putt, He parred No. 18 to finish with a 66 for an 11-under total.
• That Davis Mathis (No. 124 on the money list) and Jeff Maggert (No. 125) have done the most to help their money-list chances. Both players are vying to stay inside the top 125 in earnings and retain their Tour cards and are currently tied for 19th at 8 under and are projected at 120th and 121st in earnings, respectively.
• That Nicolas Colsaerts, a member of the victorious European Ryder Cup team earlier this month, is tied for 12th and likely a lock to secure his Tour card for 2013. Colsaerts accepted special temporary membership and has already earned $652,886, enough to put him at 120th in earnings.
• That the Frys.com Open will kick off the 2013-14 season at CordeValle. The event was scheduled to move to The Institute in nearby Morgan Hill in ’13 but construction of the clubhouse was delayed.