The name game: Meaning behind players' names
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Mar 4, 2013 8:00 AM ET
What's in a name?
Monday, March 4, 2013 is Fun Facts About Names Day and encourages everyone to learn about the historical meanings and influences of their name.
The Grill Room Gang decided to play the name game with some of our favorite golfers to find out more about the men behind their labels. Would a rose still smell as sweet? You'd be surprised what we found. View our gallery here or click on the image below.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Garcia apologizes to Woods; comment 'stupid'
- Tiger: Sergio remark 'hurtful, inappropriate'
- Garcia makes 'fried chicken' Tiger remark
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Infographic: What's legal, illegal | Timeline
- Z. Johnson, Dufner reunited at Colonial | Tee times
- Simpson takes to Twitter, calls for bifurcation
- Clark on ban: 'Not going to roll over and accept this'
- Steele: Expect a player to sue USGA, R&A
- Video: Woods talks Garcia feud | Won't clear air
- Peterson to donate to Okla. tornado victims
- Weekly Fix: Exposing a great golf instruction myth