Behind the scenes with ... Brandel Chamblee
- By Golf Channel Digital
- Nov 14, 2012 12:02 PM ET
You see them in front of the camera reporting golf scores and news, but here's a quick look at some of Golf Channel's on-air talent behind closed doors. This week it's Brandel Chamblee. After a 15-year PGA Tour competitive career that included more than $4 million in earnings, Chamblee made a full-time transition to the broadcast booth in 2004. Currently, Chamblee serves as lead analyst for the network’s PGA Tour coverage and also as a studio analyst for Golf Central, Golf Central Pre Game and the network’s Live From telecasts during majors weeks. A three-time All-American out of the University of Texas, his career highlights include a victory at the 1998 Greater Vancouver Open.
Favorite broadcaster? Bob Costas
Favorite all-time movie? Moneyball
Dream golfing vacation? Somewhere I haven't been, where I don't need a sweater, with great friends or family
What is the hardest thing about being a golf broadcaster? Saying something you've said 1,000 times in a completely new way, and understanding that your audience are not tour players.
Favorite sandwich? Chicken salad on wheat toast, kosher spear, chips and a Dr. Pepper
Favorite word to slip into a broadcast? Licking his chops; straighter than he can point; longer than train smoke; sweeter than mothers love; convalesce; cognizant; Charlie Rymer heavy; Sean-a-thon, messier than a college checkbook; the opposite of anything Charlie says
Dream foursome? My three children and me
What is a little-known secret about doing TV? That we are all completely crazy
Funniest co-worker at Golf Channel? Golf Channel producers Jeff Fabian and Ben Daughan. Frank Nobilo when he tells a joke that is not funny (which is often) ... which is then funny.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Palmer, Nicklaus release statements on Venturi
- Bradley leads Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Korda leads Mobile Bay through 36 | Scores
- McIlroy leaves agent, forms firm | Timeline
- Only one Irish team to compete at World Cup
- G-Mac, Colsaerts in Volvo quarterfinals | Results
- USGA to announce anchoring news Tuesday
- Guan shoots 70-77, misses first PGA Tour cut
- Video: Man drains amazing office putt down stairs
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Improve your thought process