Orlando, Fla – One of the most fascinating parts of the 60th PGA Merchandise Show was the new products and inventions that people rolled out, not necessarily to help your golf game, but to make your game – whatever state it may be in – more enjoyable. So while the vast majority tested equipment and looked at clothing, I found myself wandering through booth after booth looking for that idea that would make me say “Wow. Why didn't I think of that?”
All you need to know about this first one is in the nine second clip below. C'mon, it's NINE seconds and no silly commercial, just click on it, you'll be impressed.
It's from Push N Putt, and from an amateur golfer's perspective (and a lazy person's perspective), I love the idea of never having to pick up that little flag out of the practice green, or heaven forbid bend over to pick my ball up out of the hole. It's meant for practice greens at home or your local muni, but if this thing was installed on every hole, you'd have a hard time convincing me to pull the pin when I'm putting. And I know I can't be alone. Click the Push N Putt link for more information.
Right around the corner from the Push N Putt was an invention so perfect that it's in the name of the product. The Perfecto Cigar Holder solves the 8th wonder of the world - where do I put my cigar when I'm hitting a shot?
Aside from Miguel Angel Jimenez, whose cigar seemingly never leaves his mouth, the rest of us do ponder this from time to time. Well now we don't have to. The Perfecto Cigar Holder clamps firmly onto just about anything, especially golf carts, and you're good to go. No more pondering, just puffing. You can get more information about this cool invention at perfectocigarholder.com
- McDowell wins Volvo World Match Play | Results
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- McDowell rises to No. 7 in OWGR; Bae 64th
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Don't let anxiety ruin your bunker play