"He's got all the talent in the world to do what he's doing. When he gets it going he's impressive to watch." - Tiger Woods, on Rory McIlroy's record-breaking eight-shot victory at the 94th PGA Championship.
''I think I heard Tiger say, 'You can have a good season, but to make a good season a great season, you need a major championship.''' - Rory McIlroy, who returned to No. 1 in the world with his win at Kiawah Island. The PGA was his second win in 2012 and his second major.
"This course was like a pit bull with no teeth. Absolutely soft conditions. No wind to speak of. However, there is an ominous forecast for tomorrow. It is supposed to storm in the afternoon. The wind is going to blow all day. It’s going to be like a pit bull with a bad tooth tomorrow." - Brandel Chamblee, correctly calling the big change in the weather from Thursday to Friday at the Ocean Course at the 94th PGA Championship.
“We have a lot of stupid rules in golf.” - Carl Pettersson, who was assessed a two-stroke penalty for moving a leaf during his swing while hitting from a hazard on the first hole Sunday at the PGA.
"I just tried to relax and hit shots ... and smile." - Club pro Doug Wade, on trying to keep up a good attitude after posting a 93 in Round 2 of the PGA Championship.
"Absolutely. I just need a lot more money. My teams are the Lakers, Dodgers and Raiders, so I’ve got to play really well." - Woods, again, when asked if he would like to someday be an owner of a professional franchise.
"I pretty much know what happened out there. I can relive it quite clearly.” - Adam Scott, when asked if he had watched the highlights - or lowlights - of his British Open meltdown.
"It's great to see him playing in my hometown." - Darius Rucker, former lead singer for Hootie and the Blowfish, on seeing John Daly on the early leaderboard at Kiawah.
"Yeah, it’s becoming a habit hitting people in majors, so I’ll try not to do that again." - Rory McIlroy, on hitting a fan in the gallery Thursday of the PGA.
“Well, since we haven’t done it in a very long time, it’ll be something else to be able to represent our country like that in the Olympic Games.” - Tiger, again, on possibly representing the United States in the 2016 Olympics.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invit., Round 1
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- R. Palmer uses local knowledge in Colonial 62
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms Rory's BMW PGA opener
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation