"Dottie (Pepper) was arguably the face of the Solheim Cup in the ‘90s. She carried it very well and wore red, white and blue on her sleeve. She was unabashedly patriotic.” – Meg Mallon, in announcing Pepper as an assistant captain for next year's Solheim Cup.
“This is a good thing for golf. It’s good to hear her name talked about in a Solheim Cup again. She’s about as fiery as they come, so we will have a pretty pumped up locker room.” – Morgan Pressel, on Pepper being named assistant captain.
“It happens. You know, you miss cuts out here. I’ve been doing it for a long time, and I think I’ve missed nine cuts. One or two every couple of years, I guess.” – Tiger Woods, after missing his second cut of the year at The Greenbrier Classic.
"He doesn't forget what people write. He probably has a list under his pillow that motivates him at night." – Notah Begay, when asked if Tiger is aware of everything that's said or written about him.
“I don’t know what to say about that. It hasn’t been great. The parts don’t feel that far off, but I haven’t been putting them together." – Phil Mickelson, who also missed the cut at Greenbrier, after his second round which was his seventh consecutive over-par total, something he has never done before.
“When you are playing this badly, it can really define who you are. I want to become someone who gets through it and becomes a stronger person because of it. I’m trying really hard. I’m practicing really hard.” – Michelle Wie, before the start of the U.S. Women's Open.
“It’s going to be draining. People who are fit, it’s going to help a little.” – Paula Creamer, on the near 100 degree heat in Wisconsin.
"You saw him out there (at The Olympic Club), he looked like he was a 40-year-old Tour player – boring, kind of shrugging off the nerves. Nothing like a 17-year-old should do." – Amateur Jordan Spieth, on fellow amateur Beau Hossler.
"I still don't think the course is that hard." – Suzann Pettersen, after shooting 78-75 on the weekend at the U.S. Women's Open at Blackwolf Run in Kohler, Wis.
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots