Numbers don't lie. But what do they really say? Each day in the Grill Room, we will offer up a daily stat from the world of golf for you to chew on. Today's nugget:
Since 1937, only twice has a player successfully defended his PGA Championship title (Tiger Woods, 1999-2000 and 2006-07).
Contributions from writers and editors on the Golf Channel Digital team.
- G-Mac wins Match Play | OWGR No. 7 | Scores
- Bae wins Byron Nelson | At a glance | Scores
- Johnson storms to first LPGA victory | Scores
- What We Learned: McDowell proves matchless
- Venturi dies at 82 | Twitter reaction | Photos
- Arnie, Jack recall Venturi | Nelson connection
- Week in review: Top Photos, Quotes of the Week
- Thanks, Jack: Guan accepts Memorial invite
- McDowell: McIlroy, Horizon split 'fairly amicable'
- Uihlein gets first pro win at Madeira | Scores
- Open qualifying: Men's local | Women's sectional
- Instruction: Stay stable in high winds like Bae