Synopsis of the challenge
This eight week challenge is separated into four sections. Each category represents two weeks of golf fitness tips.
We focus on increasing flexibility in the body, specifically the hips, hamstrings, torso and shoulders.
Works areas of the body requiring stability, such as the core (abdominals and back muscles).
Exercises designed to enhance balance and a greater sense of body awareness or feel.
Now that we are establishing more flexibility, stability and balance we implement “power” building exercises for more speed and strength in your swing.
What you need to get started:
- A yoga mat for stretching
- A golf club
- A stability ball
- Two large towels
- A stretching strap
- A great attitude!
- Establish your top three goals at it relates to golf and over all fitness.
- Get your swing video taped before you begin this program and let your golf professional know your plans. Ask for their input.
- Carve out a specific, consistent time of day that will keep you on your path. My suggestion is early in the morning before the workday begins. Keeps the excuses at bay.
- Grab a partner. Camaraderie is often the key to adherence and enjoyment. Your partner will help keep you accountable.
We will begin this challenge in FULL swing starting the first week of January.
Please, please e-mail me @ Katherine@KRFlexFit.com with any questions or comments.
It is an honor to guide you through this process of better golf and better health for 2010!
Editor's Note: Katherine Roberts, founder of www.KRFlexFit.com and www.YogaForGolfers.com has over 20 years of experience in golf specific fitness training, yoga studies, professional coaching and motivation. Katherine welcomes your email questions and comments, contact her at Katherine@KRFlexFit.com