Here are the benefits you can receive from this training device:
1. Strengthen the shoulder girdle for more stability at the top of your back swing
2. Strengthen the trunk which is critical in making an effective turn
3. Strengthen the forearms and wrists for better club control
4. Strengthen the upper arms for added distance off the tee
5. Ultimately increase your overall fitness level and reduce your handicap!
Now lets get started!
POWER TURN TORSO
Start: Place one foot in the loop, place your hands correctly in the training grip and assume address position with your feet.
Action: Slowly raise the GolfGym to shoulder height creating tension and slowly turn the torso to one side.
Finish: Hold for a few seconds and return to the center position. Repeat 8-10 times then continue to the opposite side.
Tip: Strengthen the trunk which is critical in making an effective turn.
WRIST FLEXION & EXTENSION
Start: Place one foot in the loop, place your hands correctly in the training grip. Place one foot back and extend the arms downward.
Action: Slowly bend at the wrists and flex upward.
Finish: Hold for a few seconds and return to the start position. Repeat 8-10 times.
Tip: Strengthen the forearms and wrists for better club control.
Click here for training aids from the Golf Fitness Pro Shop!
Editor's Note: Kelly Blackburn has traveled the PGA Tour and Champions Tour circuits as a fitness consultant and trainer for 11 years. Kelly welcomes your email questions and comments, contact her at BlackburnOnTour@aol.com. Visit KellyBlackburn.com to learn more about health and fitness for golf.