Weighted Power Ball
Step 1: To determine your current fitness level, take the Fitness Analyzer on KellyBlackburn.com.
Step 2: Print a copy of the strength training log.
Step 3: There are 17 new exercises in this series. Perform the workout 2-3 times a week for maximum results!
Heres another testimony from your fellow golfer to keep you motivated!
Joe from Las Vegas, Nevada writes: Kelly, my story is short but sweet as they say. I cant say that Ive changed my physique due to the fact that I work out 4 days a week, BUT I can say that I never realized that the golf specific exercises would make such a difference! I have added 17-20 yards to my driving distance and my flexibility has tripled what it was when I first started your fitness classes. Thank you ' Joe
For more testimonials, view Week 7 and Week 8!
Here are the benefits you can receive from this series:
1) Strengthen the shoulder girdle for more stability at the top of your back swing
2) Strengthen the trunk which is critical in making an effective turn
3) Strengthen the core muscles for better balance
4) Strengthen the forearms and wrists for better club control
5) Strengthen the upper arms for added distance off the tee
6) Strengthen the hip girdle for more power off the tee
7) Strengthen the upper legs for improved balance during your swing
8) Strengthen the lower legs for more push-off power in the downswing
9) Ultimately increase your overall fitness level and reduce your handicap!
Strength off the Tee Exercises:
Week 1: Side to Side Torso - Bent Over Rotation
Week 2: Split Lunge - Side Lunge
Week 3: Side Reach Turnover - Wrist Curl
Week 4: Weighted Ball Crunch - Reverse Crunch
Week 5: Squat & Reach - Front Chest Press
Week 6: Standing Trunk Twist - Lying Trunk Twist
Week 7: Pelvic Lift - Power Tube Squat
Week 8: Front Shoulder Raise - Reverse Lunge
Next week we begin a new series using an inflatable stability ball. If you do not have one, you can purchase a stability ball in the golf fitness pro shop at KellyBlackburn.com.
Check out the golf fitness DVDs and training aids available in the pro shop at a holiday special discount of 25-50% savings! Great gifts for stocking stuffers!
Click here for training aids from the Golf Fitness Pro Shop!
Editor's Note: Kelly Blackburn has traveled the PGA Tour and Champions Tour circuits as a fitness consultant and trainer for 11 years. Kelly welcomes your email questions and comments, contact her at BlackburnOnTour@aol.com. Visit KellyBlackburn.com to learn more about health and fitness for golf.