1. John Daly getting married: It just means I'll eventually have to write about John Daly getting divorced.
2. Someone with the body shape of mayonnaise being linked to PEDs: Golf had a very soft foray into the world of Performance Enchancing Drugs last year. Let's do it right or don't do it at all, boys.
3. Tiger Woods shunning the media upon his return: Woods and his camp have been none-too-pleased with the press over the last few months. But what did they expect? Were we supposed to be impressed by his litany of mistresses?
4. Who almost won a major championship instead of who did: We should have given more credit last year to that big guy who won the Masters, and that boring guy who won the U.S. Open, and that bald guy who won the British Open, and whoever it was who won the PGA Championship.
5. How congenial the Ryder Cup was: Without a little animosity, it's just the Presidents Cup.
6. A player winnning one time all year – and still winning the FedEx Cup: This easily could have happened last year. And the PGA Tour didn't make any changes to the format for 2010.
7. Michelle Wie going 0-for-4 in the majors: She's finally got a tour trophy on her mantle. It's time to get a major championship on her resume.8. Phil Mickelson suffering another U.S. Open heartbreak: I'm tired of writing about that. But probably not as tired as Mickelson is of living it.
9. Lorena Ochoa getting pregnant: This has nothing to do with Ochoa's happiness; it's purely for selfish reasons. Ochoa, who became Mrs. Andres Conesa last month, plans on retiring from golf at an early age to focus on family. Hopefully that won't be until she's at least 30, which is still a couple of years away.
10. Anything in which I have to cite US Weekly as a source: My wife watches TMZ each night for entertainment. I now watch it for golf news.