STAY IN TOUCH
Facebook | GCMorningDrive
Twitter | @GCMorningDrive
Email | MorningDrive@GolfChannel.com
Text Alerts | Text MORNINGDRIVE to 55333. Standard rates apply.
- Simpson Eh?: Clutch putting carries Webb Simpson to victory in a playoff at the Deutsche Bank Championship. He beat Chez Reavie on the 2nd playoff hole to get to #1 in the FedExCup Points Standings.
- Loss and Win: Chez Reavie lost the tournament -- but jumped to 9th in the Race for the FedExCup which will qualify him for the TOUR Championship -- securing a PGA TOUR card in 2012 and invitation to all 4 majors.
- Squeaking In: Ernie Els started the week 99th and a tie for 16th gets him to 68th ... just inside the top 70 advancing to the BMW Championship.
- Eliminated: Major winners Graeme McDowell, Davis Love III and Padraig Harrington miss the 3rd leg of the PGA TOUR playoffs. Anthony Kim and Ian Poulter also failed to qualify.
- Fewer Holiday Jobs
- Super Bowl Ads Almost Sold Out
- Sales Surge for Ford Crown Victoria
7:12a ET: Shartia Brantley, CNBC Business Report
8:15a ET: Ron Sirak, Golf World Executive Editor
8:30a ET: Buddy Marucci, 2007 & 2009 U.S. Walker Cup Team Captain
WATCH & LISTEN TO TODAY'S ACTION
Ron Sirak Interview > Listen Now
Buddy Marucci Interview > Listen Now
Best of Morning Drive: September 6, 2011 > Listen Now
*WEB EXCLUSIVE* Who's the favorite > Watch Now
If interested in the music you heard today on 'Morning Drive', download it on iTunes.
Tune-in or stream the show live on GolfChannel.com this week at 7AM ET
Wednesday, September 7
Thursday, September 8
Friday, September 9
GOLFNOW DAILY HOOK UP
Previous day's winner:
James Engnes of Columbus, OH
EagleSticks Golf Club in Zanesville, OH
Challenging and compact at 6,500 yards from the blues, EagleSticks is a course that clearly favors accuracy over power. With more than 100 feet of elevation change, most tee boxes are located on the highest ground, so you'll be treated to panoramic views on most holes before hitting down to the fairways.