When it comes to the players trying to make a case for a U.S. Ryder Cup Captain’s Pick, he thinks that while two picks are locks, the other two will depend heavily on how people play over the next few weeks. Rickie Fowler, Brandt Snedeker, and Dustin Johnson are among those players who will be on Davis Love III’s radar over the next three weeks.
A rules official at Sedgefield Country Club told Miceli that he had never seen a course without a divot or a pitch mark on the greens during the setup process. There are new greens at Sedgefield and it is overall in fantastic shape but since the course is only about 7,100 yards, Miceli expects that there will be a lot of birdies.
We are less than two months from the Ryder Cup at Medinah Country Club and due to the heat in Chicago, the club had to bring over an acre’s worth of extra turf. They are going to aerate the fairways this week and then the PGA of America will work with Davis Love III on course setup. The greens are in very good shape and he gets the feeling that Love III will want the course to give players a lot of opportunities to make birdies.
Looking at the Wyndham Championship field, he likes Brandt Snedeker and Carl Pettersson and while he does not have a sleeper pick, he does wonder about Nick Watney’s 2012 season when he sees his name in the field. John Daly not only has a chance to earn a place in the PGA TOUR Playoffs this week but he also has a chance to earn a full PGA TOUR card for 2013.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Crowne Plaza | Senior PGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Sergio 'fried chicken' jab | Tiger: 'Hurtful'
- Garcia: Remark 'stupid'; apologizes to Woods
- R. Palmer uses local knowledge in Colonial 62
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- Mell: Disagree with anchor ban, but pure intent
- Back-nine 41 dooms Rory's BMW PGA opener
- U.S. Open champ respectfully disagrees with USGA
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation