The 18th hole at Torrey Pines has an interesting history including Devlin’s Billabong in 1975 and now Kyle Stanley in 2012. There are some PGA TOUR players who believe that the TOUR made a mistake in the way they set up that hole and as a result, it cost Stanley the win on Sunday. They think that the way they shaved the bank in front of the green and around the water was unfair and they also disagree the way they defined the hazard. The PGA TOUR originally requested the addition of the pond at 18 to discourage players from going for the green in two and they shave the bank because they want to add a challenge to players going for the green in two shots. Some players think the hole was tricked up.
Looking back at Tiger’s 2012 debut in Abu Dhabi last week, Miceli said that in 2011 he thought that Tiger hit the ball relatively well but he could not putt. Last week, he hit the ball well at times and he putted well at times but he could not put the two together. Even at the 2011 Chevron World Challenge Tiger did not do both things well at the same time. His distance control was erratic and Alex questioned whether or not Tiger had a handle on his own game last week.
When it comes to golf in February, he said that the WGC-Accenture Match Play is the best non-Major tournament there is and the Wednesday of that week is the most exciting day of the year in golf. He also thinks that Phil will win on the West Coast Swing. He may not have gotten off to a good start, but he will be playing the next three weeks where he has had success and thinks that he may not be that far away from earning his 40th PGA TOUR win.
In making a Super Bowl prediction, he feels that the New York Giants are the more complete team and while the Patriots are a very good team, the weakness of their defense keeps them from being the most complete team in the NFL. He thinks that the Giants will win.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Crowne Plaza Invitational, Round 2
- SCORING: BMW PGA | Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Rory, G-Mac MC at BMW | No 3-peat for Donald
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Colonial member Palmer fires 62 | At a glance
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' role
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Senior PGA Championship
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots