Phil Mickelson is starting his 2012 at the Humana Challenge and Alex expects some good things this week because Phil has had a lot of success in the past in this event but he is also a bit unsure about the larger picture because we have not seen Phil since last November in Australia at the Presidents Cup. When it comes to Majors, he believes that Phil understands that his window to win is closing and as the number of opportunities shrink, there is more urgency to win.
Bill Clinton is investing a lot into the Humana Challenge and there are also a lot of changes. Even before Bob Hope passed away, the event struggled to get big names and since the Humana Challenge has decided the reduce the number of celebrities, the field has seemed to improve because the names of both the pros and amateurs participating are bigger than they have been in the past. 2012 will be a good year but he thinks that it will get much better in the future.
In the pairing of Anthony Kim and Camilo Villegas, he thinks that Anthony Kim will have a better week because even when he was hurt, A.K. played much better than Camilo did and now that A.K. is healthy, Alex thinks that he will have a strong year and that he will be a contender for the U.S. Ryder Cup team at Medinah this year.
Alex Miceli will join Gary Williams this year as part of a new Golf Channel program called “On the Range.” Miceli will be on the road nearly every week as a part of this program and it will air Wednesdays at 8PM ET.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Video: Rose on 'Dan Patrick Show' | Travelers
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Rose on NBC's 'Today' | Used 'force' at Merion
- Nine-year-old shoots 58 in junior tournament
- Obama mentions McIlroy during Belfast speech
- Rose wins first major | Tops Phil | Scores
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Woods' major futility | Stuck on 14 | Tracker
- Others race to try Rose's putter | What's in the bag?
- Mickelson criticizes No. 3; USGA responds
- U.S. Open: Articles, videos, pics | Coverage | Social
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path