Golf Channel Contributor Alex Miceli is at Innisbrook this week for the Transitions Championship. Being a Chicago guy, Miceli started by saying that Urlacher should not be talking about golf and instead he should just be focused on playing defense for the Bears. As long as the Bears have a good running game, they should do well.
After Tiger’s withdrawal from Doral due to injury, Miceli said that he was not surprised to see Tiger withdraw because he was injured but he would be surprised to see him play seven straight days next week with the Tavistock Cup and then the Arnold Palmer Invitational. People want to see Tiger play but they want to see Tiger healthy.
Among Cauley, Ishikawa, and Lewis, he said that Ishikawa has already achieved so much and has a great deal of potential. Bud Cauley has a lot of potential as well and he is paying attention to him this week in part because he has veteran caddie Tony Navarro on the bag. After adding that he was also impressed with Tom Lewis, he ranked his favorites among those three as Ishikawa, Cauley, and Lewis.
In his Golfweek article on Donald Trump’s purchase of Doral, he feels that Trump has it right with this purchase because unlike many buyers who renovate and then flip the property, he wants to put a lot of money into Doral to restore the resort and the fact that he hired Gil Hanse to redesign the course is a great sign as well. Trump is willing to put the time, money, and effort in to restore Doral to what it once was.
He has expected Adam Scott to play better in 2012 than he has but he acknowledged that a big reason for the start is simply because Scott has not played that much. Miceli expected Scott to play better than he did at Doral but thinks that lack of play was a big reason for his performance. He is also surprised that Luke Donald and Nick Watney have yet to win in 2012 but he would be the most surprised to see a winless Adam Scott arrive at Augusta National in a few weeks.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Tiger out of AT&T with elbow injury | Timeline
- Woods, McIlroy to play in Dubai Jan. 2014
- Rose highlights Travelers | Groups | Tee times
- Fantasy: Travelers Championship rankings, picks
- Rose media tour | 'Top 10' | 'Today' | 'Dan Patrick'
- Punch Shot: Will Mickelson ever win an Open?
- Li, 10, in Publinx match play | Nine-year-old's 58
- Grill Room: Seinfeld tells golf jokes on 'Late Night'
- Nike signs No. 1 am | Deere invite for Spieth
- Obama mentions Rory in Belfast speech
- Stock watch: Buying the champ, selling runner-up
- Weekly Fix: Finding the right tempo and path