Golf Channel Contributor Alex Miceli is in Doral, Florida this week to cover the WGC-Cadillac Championship. As we get closer to The Masters and the odds start to come out, he thinks that it is appropriate that Rory, Tiger, Phil, and Lee Westwood are the top 4 favorites. Miceli feels that Rory McIlroy should have two Major wins and gave the 2011 Masters away. Tiger Woods has not won at Augusta National since 2005 and he is high on the list because of how he plays there not based on his recent winless performance.
When it comes to the WGC-Cadillac Championship, Miceli began by noting the fact that Tiger Woods has an incredible record at Doral and then added the Nick Watney and Matt Kuchar have good records as well. Rickie Fowler made his first appearance at Doral last year and finished 8th and he is playing well right now with his T7 at PGA National and he added to that strong play this week with a great performance in the Seminole Pro-Member.
There are only a couple of players who can move the needle in golf so there are very few players who could really spice things up in they won this week or in the weeks leading up to The Masters. Rickie Fowler and Lee Westwood are among the few players who could really spice things up with a win this week. Hunter Mahan got some people’s attention with his Match Play win as well.
Heading into Tiger’s News Conference which will not be in the Press Room but rather in the Quick Quotes area, Miceli stated that the location will create an entirely different atmosphere and nothing much has changed with Tiger from last week to this week. There is nothing that anyone can really point to as a great weakness in his game right now and Miceli doubts that we will learn very much from Tiger’s News Conference today.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- LIVE STREAM: Pure Silk-Bahamas LPGA Classic
- SCORING: Colonial | Senior PGA | LPGA Bahamas
- Westy in position for first BMW PGA win | Scores
- Overton DQ'd for using putting aid | Clark in mix
- Monty: All afraid to talk | Zoeller: Will 'blow over'
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Colonial's Rd. 2 concludes with Kuchar on top
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Senior PGA lead
- Pettersen trails Bowie Young at Bahamas LPGA
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots