Golf Channel Contributor Alex Miceli is in St. Simons Island, Georgia this week for The McGladrey Classic. He had a chance to speak with Jim Furyk earlier this week and Furyk said that he has spent the last couple of weeks reflecting on the Ryder Cup loss and not playing much golf. As he makes his return to competition this week, he feels ready to move on from Medinah.
He was in Turkey last week for the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final and had a chance to visit Istanbul before covering the tournament. Istanbul is a great city and he had a lot of fun. There may be only about 15 courses in all of Turkey but there are a lot of people in the country who are very enthusiastic about the game and were very proud to host the best players in the world. Turkey is making a bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics and this event was an effort to show the world that they can host a big golf tournament. Their effort was successful and they will now host a European Tour event in November starting in 2013.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Euro chief: Sergio has several 'colored' friends
- Garcia calls O'Grady's remarks 'unfortunate'
- Zoeller expects Garcia controversy to 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Palmer answers challenge | At a glance | Scores
- Stars stumble in BMW PGA | 41 by Rory | Scores
- Grill Room: Trevino regrets 'Happy Gilmore' cameo
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Anchor lawyer: Hope for best, prepare for worst
- Haas, Waldorf co-lead Sr. PGA Champ. | Scores
- LPGA Bahamas going 12 holes in Rd. 1 | Tee times
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots