Golf Channel Contributor Alex Miceli is in St. Simons Island, Georgia this week for The McGladrey Classic. He had a chance to speak with Jim Furyk earlier this week and Furyk said that he has spent the last couple of weeks reflecting on the Ryder Cup loss and not playing much golf. As he makes his return to competition this week, he feels ready to move on from Medinah.
He was in Turkey last week for the Turkish Airlines World Golf Final and had a chance to visit Istanbul before covering the tournament. Istanbul is a great city and he had a lot of fun. There may be only about 15 courses in all of Turkey but there are a lot of people in the country who are very enthusiastic about the game and were very proud to host the best players in the world. Turkey is making a bid for the 2020 Summer Olympics and this event was an effort to show the world that they can host a big golf tournament. Their effort was successful and they will now host a European Tour event in November starting in 2013.
Wake up and smell the fairway each day with Morning Drive.
- Kuchar leads suspended Crowne | Glance | Scores
- Molinari leads BMW | Rory, McDowell MC | Scores
- Euro chief: 'Colored' friends | Unfortunate
- Zoeller: Garcia controversy will 'blow over'
- Sergio's 'chicken' jab | Apology | Tiger: Hurtful
- Mickelson, Stricker not among Memorial field
- USC women sweep team, individual titles at NCAAs
- Scott joins legal coalition against anchor ban
- Friends Cochran, Perry share Sr. PGA lead | Scores
- Bowie Young leads LPGA in Bahamas | Scores
- USGA, R&A ban anchored stroke | Explanation
- Tip of the Week: Stop scooping your chip shots